Oct 6, 2010

Rexburg Open House

    We had an open house in Rexburg about a month after we were married. I know its kind of after the fact, but with work schedules and such that was the best time to do it.  It was just a small event at my parents new house, but my parents put so much work into to make it beautiful. A lot of my planning for the reception carried over to the open house, but since I was in Utah I couldn't do a lot to help carry it out. So, my mom did all the work (bless her!) and it turned out so well! My dad finished the deck that day so that we were able to have the line on it in the backyard. They both worked so hard on everything this summer to get the house and yard ready for the open house (not to mention all the hard work in the last couple years to build the house!) I was so grateful that they put so much into it and all the wedding plans, I couldn't have done it without them! Devan and I headed to Rexburg Friday night and Saturday morning we went to work to get everything ready. We spent the day cleaning, decorating, getting the food ready, finishing the deck, and setting up. We were debating the whole day rather we should set up inside or outside because it had been rainy the last couple of evenings. I really wanted to do it outside so we planned on that and had a backup plan if it rained. It was so fun to be there with my family and just enjoy everything rather than being stressed about it. I appreciated the chill factor. Scott and Kori and their kids were there to help which made it fun. Also, my aunt and uncle drove from Washington to be there which was so great. I hadn't seen them for years.  A couple hours before it started I started getting ready. It took a lot longer to do it my hair and makeup myself than it had to get it done on my wedding day, so I wasn't quite ready when my guests started arriving. Definite panic there, so embarrassing. But no one really seemed to care so all was well. The weather was great albeit a little windy, and we were able to have it outside. It was so fun to see everyone that came. Most of them I knew so that was a plus. My first room-roomate from college was able to come with her family which was awesome. It was so fun to see her! We had a really good time just enjoying the relaxed evening and seeing friends and family. I was kinda sad when it was all over and I had to take off my wedding dress because it meant that all of the wedding stuff was over. I had loved all of the wedding festivities and didn't want it to end. But at the same time it was a stress relief because we didn't have to worry about it anymore and we could just concentrate on getting settled and enjoying our new life together, which is exactly what we have been doing!

 

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Lynette! You look so beautiful, and I love your dress! I'm so happy for you, and I wish you and Devan all the best.

    Please tell your dad "hello" for me, okay? :)

    ~ Terrah Conrad Harper :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun to see the open house pictures. We're glad to see a picture of the deck. I wasn't sure we got one and after all that work, we're glad there is one. Blog's are great things for us. Thanks, love ya

    ReplyDelete