Sep 28, 2010

Honeymoon - Palm Springs Baby!

   The first night we stayed in the Hines Mansion bed and breakfast in Provo. I loved it. It was such a quaint little place, but really nice. It had so much character. It also had a lot of history as we found out at breakfast as we chatted with the staff. I had never stayed at a bed and breakfast before, but I really enjoyed it. The next day we headed to Palm Springs, California, our final destination. We had such a fun week! We were so ready for a vacation and we had just the right amount of activity and relaxation. Oh, and it was really, really hot!

The resort we stayed at was amazing (thanks Shaun and Sharee!). After the 11 hour drive on the way there we were so ready to be done, but when we got there we were revived by the wonderfulness of it all.





Heading out to enjoy the pool. It was so hot, we had to be in the water or air conditioning.

We also had ate an abundance of junk food as you can see ;)


One of the days we drove to San Diego and went to SeaWorld. I loved it! We really enjoyed the shows and the atmosphere of the park. And we loved that it was a little cooler weather. Definitely worth the trip.

Stopping at a look out point on our way there.
Quick visit to the San Diego temple.
Dolphins! Cute :)
The sea lions were my favorite. I was amazed at how many tricks they could do and how much they could interact with their trainers.

Mama, daddy, and baby Shamu!

At the dolphin show.




Shamu night show.
Every week in Palm Springs they shut down one of the main roads and have a street fair with vendors and live music. So, we went to try it out. It was pretty fun. I don't know why but I love that kind of thing, maybe because it just makes it feel like summer! We were going to go to dinner as well but it was all so expensive! We settled for a sno cone :)




There was a tram that went up the mountain, and we got free tickets, so up we went! It was a nice relaxing time and again, we enjoyed the cooler temperature!








We also went to a few movies and a waterpark. Most of all we had a great time just being together and enjoying our vacation!

Devan enjoying some down time. The lap top and his new phone were good sources of entertainment.
Good lookin' couple!
That is some intoxicating cream soda! (The water on his shirt is the result of him doing his hair, haha)

On the way home we decided to break the trip up and stop in Vegas. We were able to stay at my friends Shalom and Chris's place which worked out great. It was fun to spend some time with them and enjoy a little bit of the Vegas night life, well...really only the Bellagio, but the Bellagio is pretty much the only thing worth seeing in Vegas that doesn't cost any money.

Inside the Bellagio.
Ridiculously large chocolate fountain.
The fountains!
On our way home the car air conditioner broke...torture! It was over a hundred degrees outside and we were miserable. I think that trip home will stand out in our minds just as much as anything we did that week, haha. We were grateful to get back to Utah's cooler temp.

We had such and amazing week with so many great memories. I can't wait until our next vacation!

1 comment:

  1. That looks like a lot of fun! I love quaint little inns / hotels.

    Is the San Diego Temple being renovated? Cleaned? The scaffolding was an interesting touch ... :)

    ReplyDelete