We painted our room! Woot! I've been wanting to paint ever since I moved in, but it obviously took a while for it to happen. I wanted to get it done over Christmas break so that Devan's schedule would be more open, so we started the process then. Turns out it takes FOREVER to pick out paint color. I had an idea in my head of what I wanted, but the colors on the paint chips look so different on the wall. I finally found the perfect color and we started painting. From start to finish it took a very long week. Things kept getting in the way, so it took a while to finish it. Since our house is tiny we had to move everything from our bedroom into the living room and sleep in there as well. What a crazy time! The paint turned out beautiful though and I couldn't be more happy with it!
 |
| Trying the different colors. |
 |
| There people who lived here before us painted over wall paper that had a raised pattern. Devan pulled out his electric sander and sanded it down. Ninja style. |
 |
| "Lynette, why do you take pictures of everything...." |
 |
| The disaster that was our house. Bed in the living room. |
 |
| The finished product... but my lame camera doesn't show the color well at all. The real color is so much better! |
I'll have to figure out a way to get some better pictures of the end result. Next project on my list is to paint the bedroom furniture. Love our new room!
It looks AWESOME! We really do need to plan a Salt Lake date night so I can come see it.
ReplyDelete