Dec 11, 2011

In the last couple weeks....

-We had Thanksgiving with the Munn family! What a great time. I love Devan's family, and I love even more that  I'm starting to feel like I'm part of it. We did a lot of eating, talking, laughing, eating some more, and even did a little shopping (I love having sister-in-laws and a mom-in-law that I can get good girl time with!). It was such a fun day :) On our way home from Utah county we stopped at Walmart about a half hour after they started their black friday sale. What a crazy mad house! We had no intention of buying anything, we just wanted to see what it was like. Yeah, crazy. When we got home it was almost midnight, so we decided to hit up the Macey's that is just about 4 blocks from our house. We found Devan a really nice $250 coat, that we only paid $75 for, so I think the trip was worth it. And we didn't have to stand in any lines or deal with insane people. The next day we went to the mall and took advantage of some more awesome sales. This was my first successful, or even attempted, black friday venture, so I felt pretty good about it.

I baked for Thanksgiving for the first time ever. I made a gluten free, dairy free banana cream pie. It turned out pretty yummy. I was pretty darn proud of myself :)


-We had dinner with Russ and Lina and my parents and then went to see the lights on temple square. It was so cold!! They were beautiful, but I think I was too cold to enjoy it much. It was great to spend some time with my family though!

- We went to a Murder Mystery-Disco 70's style- with some friends from our ward. And by the way, I'm so glad we have finally made some friends that aren't "my" friends or "Devan's" friends, but are "our" friends. I think its a stepping stone for us.They are such a fun group, and we had a great time. I ended up being the murderer who used to be a man, but was a woman, so he/she murdered the person that was going to ruin his/her secret identity and ruin the future of his/her women empowering magazine.....interesting. Good times :)

My costume was somewhat lacking, but Devan's was pretty great.



-Put up our cute little Christmas tree, making it feel a little more like Christmas around here...

1 comment:

  1. You two are really creating a life for yourselves! I love it!

    ReplyDelete