So, the job I have now is not a bad job, its really not, but somehow I just can't seem to make it work for me. I've been here for over a year but I still don't feel like I fit in or that I do my job well, and it wears on me. Also, I don't get paid well. I've been saying for 8 months how I need to get a new job, but it hasn't happened. The problem is I don't know what I want to do. Should I get another MA job or is it just not for me? If I don't, what kind of job do I look for? Should I go back to school? If so, what should I study and how can I make enough money to pay for it? I feel somewhat directionless and I don't want to quit this job just to find myself in the same situation with another job. Finally, this last week I decided to just start applying and see what happened. In addition to applying for a new MA job, I applied at some restaurants to be a server because I thought, heck, I might as well be making some money while I decide what I want to do with my life. Three of the six restaurants I applied for called me in for an interview (not what I was expecting) and I got and offer at Johnny Carinos. After thinking about it for a couple days I accepted and will be starting there in a week. It will only be part time so I will be keeping my current job, just cutting back on the hours a bit, and doing both. At this point, I'm wondering if this is an improvement......... ?????? Its not exactly what I had in mind, but at least I'll be making more money, right? My reasoning behind accepting the job is this 1. If my current job gets unbearable I can quit and I already have a back up in place 2. More money 3. If I do decide to go back to school, being a waitress is ideal 4. Variety and less hours at my current job 5. Hopefully it will allow me to take some time to decide what I REALLY want to do and pursue that, instead of rushing into a more permanent job that I get stuck in. I have no qualms about quitting a waitress job at any time, other jobs not so much. So, there ya have it. But man, I'm going to be stinkin' busy! 50-60 hrs a week...yikes! Which again makes me think , is this an improvement??? I guess we'll see....
In the meantime I'm hoping someone will tell me what I should do with my life, because I sure can't seem to figure it out.....Anybody?
Coleman turns 3!
13 years ago



haha you're telling me, i was just thinking that if i have to work the rest of my life I better get a new job. We'll come see you at johnny carinos, we love that place. LOVE YA!
ReplyDelete