Jan 21, 2011

Friends Through It All

I love my friends. I love how I feel when I'm around them, that I can completely be myself and know that they accept me. They know so much about me and have been through so much with me, and they have supported me through it all. I feel happy when I'm with them, happy with life and who I am, happy that I have been blessed with such great people in my life. I'm not going to lie, I miss living with roommates that are my best friends. We knew everything that is going on in each others life, not only because of the proximity that we lived in, but because we cared about each other. I miss always a having a girl around to listen to my girlness and appreciate it. I miss having an extended wardrobe because we all shared clothes. I miss the boy drama.  I miss having them help me pick out my outfits for a hot date (or more likely the lack of hot date and the attempt to snag one!) I miss staying up late, 5 of us cuddling on the couch, talking about anything that could be talked about (usually the boy drama in ridiculous detail) and eating anything that was edible. I miss getting groceries together (weird thing to miss, but I do). I miss the small things that became adventures, the inside jokes, the ridiculousness. I miss so many things!  .........There are of course the things that I don't miss like the stinky messy apartments (always), not having enough space, the boy drama (it definitely goes both ways, haha), and numerous other things...... Don't get me wrong I love where I am now. I love my husband and the life we share, but I will always miss my girls :) I am so grateful that I have had, and still have SO MANY amazing friends!! And even though most of us are married or living in different states, we still manage to stay close and stay the best of friends.

On that note, my friend J'Nette had a little new years party at her new house. She and her husband were such great hosts! We had lots of fun playing games, eating food, talking, and of course....reminiscing :)

Attempt to set the timer and take the picture. Hilarious!!

Devan, Lynette, Shalom, Chris, Dex, J'Nette, and Brett. Unfortunately I didn't get all the people that came because I pulled out my camera too late. 







1 comment:

  1. Life with roommates is good. Life with a husband is good.

    It is a good thing we get some good in life! ;)

    Thanks for being my friend through it all, too

    ReplyDelete