Dec 2, 2010

News...

Devan is getting further along in his chemical engineering degree and decided a couple months ago that he needed to get some experience. He applied for a few internships and got 2 offers. The first was for a company called Celanese that would take us to Dallas, Texas for the summer. We were actually ready to accept that one and we were excited for the adventure of moving to a new state. But then he got another offer for Rio Tinto, the company that owns the Kennecot mine near SLC. So, despite the fun we would have in Texas we decided to stay local because its the better offer and we wouldn't have to worry about what to do with our condo while we were gone. It pays well, will last for one year instead of just the summer, and they will work with his school schedule. So overall, it is a great blessing for us. We're excited and Devan can't wait to quit Etrade and start a job that is in his field.

2 comments:

  1. That's exciting! Good for him. I worked for Rio Tinto/Kennecot when I was at the Shorebird Reserve-they owned that. (They were required to create it to make up for wetland impacts.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is great news! I might be moving to your hood in May when I graduate. I would love to see you if I am there when you are there :)

    ReplyDelete